This page is Sponsored By…
(click link to get more information)
Text Box: ARMSTRONG COMMUNITY CENTER

where OUR community comes together

Armstrong Community Center

About Us

The original building was built by Duffy-Knipe Post #459 American Legion in 1947.  In February of 1962, it was given to the Emmet Lodge #533 Ancient Free and Accepted Masons.  In July of 1985, the Masons approached the City Council about giving their building to the City for use as a community center.  Thus, the Armstrong Community Center was born!

In August of 2002, the City purchased the current building from Doug Nutt (previously known as the Armstrong Plaza) for $40,000.  The building is 70’ x 120’ in which it is divided into three areas.  The first area, City Hall, is 35’ x 33.7’; the second area, the front meeting room, is 25.5’ x 25.5’; and the third area, the main hall, is 55’ x 70’.  In January of 2003, the Community Center Board borrowed $20,000 to replace the roof.  The Community Center share of the option tax pays the 5-year note.  Based on current option tax receipts, the note should be paid off in June of 2007.

To contact us:

Manager: Margo Trosin

(712)868-4358 or (712)209-3367

 

Connie Thackery @ City Hall

(712)864-3535

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Want to be a Sponsor?
Click here for more details...